If you google how to prepare for a Reiki attunement you will find many different opinions and points of view. Before you read any further ask what is true for you? What things feel light? What would create the most possibility and contribution to your experience?
If you don’t feel anything around any of these guidelines, I encourage you then to do as many as you can comfortably do.
You can read this article as well from the F.A.Q section Rieki.org.
- Eat lightly or if you are used to fasting do a fast leading up to the attunement. If fasting is not something that you can do for one reason or another, try to eat lightly leading into the class. Avoid meats and non-organic. You can also ask your body. “Body what foods and drinks would best prepare you and me for this class” and then see what shines to you.
- Avoid coffee or other substance that affect the nervous system before the attunement.
- Avoid recreational drug or alcohol 3 days before the attunement.
- Spend at least 15 minutes each day in meditation. Kudos if you can do an hour or more.
- If you have an opportunity to, walk a labyrinth the morning of your attunement. I personally did this before each one of my attunements for one of my training and I felt it enhanced my experience. Walking a Labyrinth in a meditative way has its own effects on the energy body
- Minimize exposure to TV, news or other things that create an energetic charge for you.
- Spend time in nature if possible. Sitting outside, walking on a beach, going through the woods. Don’t just walk though, be as mindful as possible as you walk.
- Respond instead of reacting. This is perhaps the most important. This is an effort to start living a more aware life and choosing your actions by responding to a situation instead of reacting out of compulsion and then analyzing your actions in judgment. After the attunment, you will find this comes much easier than before.